Animal Emergency Services810-627-7179
At Animal Emergency Hospital, we are the experts in pet emergencies. We provide a variety of services to ensure your pet gets back to feeling their best self.
Animal Emergency Hospital is pleased to offer the following emergency veterinary services to the pets of Burton, MI and the surrounding areas.
Is my pet experiencing an emergency?
Pet emergencies can happen at any time and can be stressful for pet owners and their beloved animals. Animal emergency services are crucial in providing immediate medical attention when your pet is experiencing a health crisis.
Pet emergency services can range from immediate treatment for a traumatic injury, such as a broken leg or a dog bite, to providing life-saving care for a pet. When a pet experiences a sudden onset of a serious illness, such as heat stroke, it can lead to life-threatening consequences if not treated immediately.
If you’re not sure if your pet is experiencing an emergency, look for signs such as excessive panting, labored breathing, lethargy, seizures, vomiting, or difficulty walking. If your pet is displaying any of these symptoms, you should immediately seek veterinary care.
Pets with the following symptoms should be seen ASAP:
- Coughing and/or respiratory distress: difficult or labored breathing
- Neurological abnormalities: collapse, off balance, head tilt, seizures, circling, head pressing, visual deficiencies, etc.
- Seizures: if more than one in 24 hours
- Unproductive retching or dry heaving
- Rapid/progressive abdominal distension
- Vomiting and/or inability to hold down food/water
- Diarrhea or straining to defecate
- Slow or rapid heart rate
- Bleeding from orifices: mouth, nose, rectum, abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Lethargy, weakness
- Pale mucous membranes: pale gum color
- Inability to urinate or straining to urinate
- Difficult or long labor
- Toxin ingestion
- Pain/discomfort: trembling, yelping, unwillingness to move, aggressive behavior when moved
- Squinting one or both eyes
- Facial swelling and/or hives
- Penis is stuck out of sheath
Local animal emergency services are staffed with highly trained and experienced veterinarians who provide life-saving care for pets in distress.
Many veterinary clinics and hospitals offer 24-hour emergency services, while others may only offer these services during normal business hours. It is a good idea to research veterinary urgent care options near you in advance, so you know where to go in case of a pet emergency.
Pet emergencies can be frightening and stressful for pet owners, but it’s important to remain calm and act quickly to get your pet the medical attention they need. Don’t wait until an emergency happens to research pet emergency services and veterinary urgent care options near you. Take the time now to be prepared and ensure that your pet has access to the best possible care in case of a health crisis.
If you are concerned about any symptoms that your pet may be experiencing, please call (810) 627-7179. We will likely recommend an exam and consultation with a veterinarian in any of the above cases.
Pet emergencies can be unexpected and scary, but Animal Emergency Hospital is here to help.
Our hours of operation are 10am to 8pm, Wednesday through Monday. No appointment is necessary.
Since we offer emergency support as an extension of your regular veterinary care provider, you can always expect seamless communication between our hospital and your primary veterinarian.