Pet Health Safety Tip
It’s spring again, but unfortunately, that means those dreaded fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes have returned. Aside from being pesky, these tiny critters can cause a number of health problems for your pet if not destroyed, including allergy dermatitis (caused by fleas), Lyme disease (caused by ticks), and heartworm disease (caused by infected mosquitoes). The good news is, there are many ways you can protect your pet from these parasites, which are listed below:
- Keep your pet on a year-round parasite preventive.
- If you find a mosquito in your home, remove it immediately.
- Keep your home clean to prevent fleas.
- After vacuuming, always empty out the bag or contents (if vacuum is bagless), in case any fleas were vacuumed.
- Keep your grass trimmed.
- Limit your pet’s exposure to grassy, wooded areas, where ticks tend to thrive.
If you would like to learn more about parasitic diseases and how you can protect your pet from, give us a call at (810) 238-7557.