Open 24 Hours
Including weekends and Holidays

Pet Health Safety Tip

810.238.7557

Winter Tip: Antifreeze Poisoning

Did you know that antifreeze poisoning is one of the most common forms of poisonings in pets? Antifreeze contains a toxic substance called ethylene glycol, which smells and tastes sweet, tempting pets to drink it...but drinking just one tablespoon of antifreeze can be fatal. Here are a few ways you can protect your pet from antifreeze:

If you would like more information about antifreeze poisoning, including the symptoms to look for or how we treat it at Animal Emergency Hospital, feel free to give us a call, and one of our team members will be happy to assist you.

Veterinary Websites by InTouch Practice Communications